Portable, cryogen-free material characterization platformVersaLab from QuantumDesign
The VersaLab is Quantum Design’s first portable PPMS like system. It provides most of the capabilities of the PPMS in a very compact size, and without the need for any liquid cryogens. The system uses a small, two-stage cryocooler for both the superconducting magnet and the temperature control system, providing PPMS measurement versatility with minimal infrastructure requirements.Features
- Performs fully automated measurements
- Modular design offers variety of applications
- Temperature range 50 K to 400 K
- Magnetic field up to ±3 T
- Cryogen-free and no helium gas consumption
A novel thermal switch design in the VersaLab cryostat enables a temperature range of 50 K to 400 K without any consumption of helium gas. It does this while providing the fully automated, state-of-the-art temperature control QuantumDesign customers have come to expect. The VersaLab sample chamber enjoys compatibility with PPMS sample “pucks” by offering the same 25mm bore, sample isothermal region, and robust 12-pin sample puck interface but in a shorter overall length of approximately 350 mm.
The VersaLab comes equipped with a 3 tesla conduction-cooled switch-less superconducting magnet which is powered by a hybrid digital/analog magnet controller. An integrated magnetic shield maintains the 5 gauss line inside the body of the VersaLab, allowing these systems to be installed close to other sensitive instruments for better lab space utilization.
The VersaLab also comes equipped with an integrated cryopump and vacuum gauge for controlling the sample environment.
The Optix Version adds an optical platform to the well-established VersaLab PPMS. A turnkey Raman spectrograph and open-architecture optical measuring insert are available. Optix is perfectly suited to combine photonics, quantum electronics, with electro-transport and magneto-optic materials characterization measurements at cryogenic temperatures and in high magnetic fields. All regular VersaLab options are also available for VersLab Optix. The optical breadboard allows the easy integration of free beam or fiber-based experiments.
- Rapid and completely automated centering operation of the sample
- Sensitive DC magnetic moment measurement up to the maximum field of the magnet
- VSM measurement system is based on the CAN network protocol and includes the model 1000 CAN tower
- Sweeping of the magnetic field or of the temperature
- For measurement of AC susceptibility and DC magnetization.
- Direct phase nulling technique measures and cancels background AC shifts at every measurement.
- Resistance in 2- or 4-wire mode
- The classic 4-wire mode has two leads for the current and two leads for the potential drop
- Current-voltage curves
- Differential resistance curves
"The Quantum Design VersaLab-VSM including the Electrical Transport Option ETO has been delivered to our institute. A technician from LOT-QuantumDesign GmbH installed the system. The apparatus is intensively used for magnetization and magneto-resistance measurements of magnetic and thermoelectric nanostructures between 50 K and 400 K in magnetic fields up to 3 tesla."
- D. Görlitz, Multifunctional Nanostructures, Universität Hamburg
|+49 6151 8806-499|
|+49 6151 88069499|
|+49 6151 8806-479|
|+49 6151 88069479|
|+49 6151 8806-46|
|+49 6151 8806946|