Raman, AFM and SNOM all-in-one systemalpha300 RAS from WITec
The unprecedented all-in-one alpha300 RAS combines Raman, AFM, and SNOM imaging in a single instrument for the utmost flexibility and sophisticated sample characterization. By combining the imaging techniques, simultaneous Raman-AFM analysis, TERS, and Nearfield-Raman (Raman-SNOM) imaging can be easily performed.Features
- Provides all features of the alpha300 R (Raman), the alpha300 A (AFM), and the alpha300 S (SNOM) microscope in one instrument
- Excellent combination of high-resolution surface imaging (SNOM), comprehensive surface characterization (AFM), and chemical imaging (Raman)
- Ideally suited for combined techniques such as nearfield-Raman imaging and simultaneous Raman-AFM measurements
- Switch between the measurement techniques is realized by a rotation of the objective turret
- No sample movement between the measurements
The alpha300 RAS offers the following extensions:
- alpha300 RAS+ for automated measurements
- Automated motorized sample positioner in x-, y-, and z-direction, 25 mm travel range (50 mm travel range optional)
- Automated confocal Raman Imaging (25 x 25 mm; optional 50 x 50 mm)
- Automated multi-area and multi-point measurements
- 2D and 3D Raman mapping
- Raman depth profiling
Raman Operation Modes:
- Raman spectral imaging: acquisition of a complete Raman spectra at every image pixel
- Planar (x-y-direction) and depth scans (z-direction)
- Image stacks: 3D confocal Raman Imaging
- Time series
- Single point Raman spectrum acquisition
- Single-point depth profiling
- Ultrafast Raman Imaging (1300 spectra per second) optional available
- Confocal fluorescence microscopy
- Bright Field Microscopy
- Dark Field, Phase Contrast and DIC optional
- Upgradable for epi-fluorescence applications
AFM Operation Modes:
- Contact Mode
- AC Mode (Tapping Mode)
- Digital Pulsed Force Mode (DPFM)
- Lift Mode
- Magnetic Force Microscopy (MFM)
- Electric Force Microscopy (EFM)
- Phase Imaging
- Force Distance Curves
- Lateral Force Microscopy (LFM)
- Chemical Force Microscopy (CFM)
- Current Sensing Mode
SNOM Operation Modes:
- Scanning Near-field Optical Microscopy (SNOM) modes: bottom up and top down mode, collection mode
Confocal Microscopy (CM) modes:
- Fluorescence (optional)
- SNOM-AFM combinations: AFM operation modes of alpha300 A included or optional available
- Acquisition of force-distance curves and light-distance curves
- Fixed-bottom illumination
- Total internal reflection illumination (optional)
- Research grade optical microscope with 6 x objective turret
- Video system: eyepiece color video camera
- LED white-light source for Köhler illumination of tip and sample
- High sensitivity b/w video camera to view sample and SNOM/AFM tip in transmission
- Manual sample positioning in x- and y-direction, 25 mm travel
- Microscope base with active vibration isolation system
- Piezo-driven scan stage (scan range 100 x 100 x 20 µm; others optional)
- Usually 120 mm in x- and y-direction, 25 mm in height (adapter for larger heights available)
- WITec software for instrument and measurement control, data evaluation and processing
Life science From measurements in liquids to solid samples or soft tissues in life science varied samples are analyzed on a regular basis. With their convenient handling and versatile analytical capabilities the flexible WITec imaging systems provide the opportunity to adjust the imaging technique to changing requirements and are particularly well-suited for life science.
Pharmaceutics, cosmetics The development and production of drug delivery systems requires efficient and reliable control mechanisms to ensure the quality of the final products. These products can vary widely in composition and application. Therefore analytical tools such as the WITec imaging systems that provide both comprehensive chemical characterization and the flexibility to adjust the method to the investigated specimen are preferred in pharmaceutical research.
Materials science Materials science is a diverse field including the development and testing of new substances, as well as the refinement of manufacturing processes and quality control for existing products. WITec imaging systems are particularly well-suited for comprehensive sample analyses in materials science and provide the opportunity to acquire a thorough knowledge of the sample surface morphology and chemical composition.
Geoscience WITec confocal Raman imaging systems are excellent analytical tools for the comprehensive investigation of geological samples, such as the identification and characterization of minerals, or in the observation of mineral phase transitions in high and ultra-high pressure/temperature experiments.
Polymers WITec imaging systems enable comprehensive sample analysis that provides a thorough characterization of the physical and chemical properties of the polymers on the nanometer scale.
Nano-Carbon and graphene Nano-carbon materials such as graphene or carbon nano-tubes show immense promise in many applications such as transistors, sensors, and optoelectronics. Flexible and adaptive analytical methods can support effective investigation and accelerate progress in nano-carbon & graphene research and development.
Basic Raman system
The alpha300 Access is a high-quality yet affordable micro-Raman system that provides the same outstanding performance and spectral resolution that other WITec products are renowned for. This unique ...
Chemical and nanoscale imaging system
The well-established Raman-atomic force microscope (AFM) combination alpha300 RA was the first integrated Raman AFM system on the market and continues to set the standard for combined instrument ...
Superior confocal Raman imaging system
The imaging capabilities of the alpha300 R fulfill the highest requirements of confocal Raman imaging with superior performance in speed, sensitivity and resolution. These unique characteristics have ...
Large area profilometry for topographic Raman imaging
WITec´s award winning TrueSurface Microscopy allows confocal Raman imaging along heavily inclined or very rough samples with the surface held in constant focus while maintaining the highest ...
Automated 3D Raman imaging system
The WITec apyron imaging system has been developed to overcome the boundary between ease-of-use and ultimate capability in Raman Imaging. It is ideal for multi-user/industry labs, Raman newcomers ...
Cost-effective Raman microscope
RamMics M532 Raman microscope integrates opportunities of Raman analyzer EnSpectr R532 Scientific Edition and Olympus CX-41 microscope adapted both for transmission and reflection measurements.