Widest spectral range ellipsometer VASEFrom Woollam Co.
The VASE is our most accurate and versatile ellipsometer for research on all types of materials: semiconductors, dielectrics, polymers, metals, multi-layers and more.Features
- Ex-situ spectroscopic ellipsometer
- Wide spectral range from 193 to 4000 nm
- Maximum data accuracy
- High spectral resolution and perfect R&D flexibility
It combines high accuracy and precision with a wide spectral range from 193 to 4000 nm. Variable wavelength and angle of incidence allow flexible measurement capabilities including:
- Reflection and transmission ellipsometry
- Generalized ellipsometry
- Reflectance (R) intensity
- Transmittance (T) intensity
- Cross-polarized R/T
- Mueller matrix
Maximum data accuracy
The VASE features a rotating analyzer ellipsometer (RAE) combined with our patented AutoRetarder for unparalleled data accuracy.
High-precision wavelength selection
The HS-190TM scanning monochromator is designed specifically for spectroscopic ellipsometry. It optimizes speed, wavelength accuracy, and light throughput, while automatically controlling selection of wavelengths and spectral resolution.
The VASE features a vertical sample mount to accommodate a large variety of measurement geometries including reflection, transmission, and scattering.
- vertical sample mount
- computer-controlled angle of incidence goniometer 20° - 90°
- single or double chamber monochromator
- spectral range 250 - 2500 nm (standard)
- DUV from 193 nm
- NIR to 3200 nm or 4000 nm
- computer-controlled mapping unit: 50 mm XY
- computer controlled sample rotator
- manual 50 mm XY translation
- 200 µm focused beam option
- cryostat (4.2 to 500 K or 4.2 to 800 K)
- heat cell (RT to 300 °C or -80 °C to +600 °C)