Langmuir and Langmuir-Blodgett troughs and deposition troughsfrom KSV NIMA
KSV NIMA Langmuir and Langmuir-Blodgett troughs for Langmuir film fabrication, Langmuir film characterisation (including microscopy) as well as Langmuir-Blodgett film deposition.Caractéristiques
- Monolayer deposition
Langmuir troughs are used to create, modify and study monolayers at either the gas-liquid or liquid-liquid interface (Langmuir films). A Langmuir film can be defined as an insoluble monolayer of functional molecules, nanoparticles, nanowires or microparticles that reside at the gas-liquid or liquid-liquid interface. The fact that these molecules can move freely at the interface provide great flexibility for the control of the packing density and the study of monolayer behaviour.
The Langmuir trough allows you to infer how particular molecules pack together while confined in two dimensions. The surface pressure-area isotherm can also provide a measure of the average area per molecule and the compressibility of the monolayer.
Langmuir-Blodgett deposition troughs
A Langmuir-Blodgett deposition trough is very similar to a Langmuir trough: it also enables Langmuir film fabrication at the gas-liquid interface. In addition, it is equipped with a dipping well and a dipper for Langmuir film deposition onto solid substrates at a desired packing density (typically in solid phase).
Roll-to-roll LB Trough
We now welcome a new special system for high throughput. Roll-to-Roll LB (R2R LB) is a novel process that broadly widens the possibilities of the LB technology.
In the R2R LB process, a flexible substrate is fed continuously into the trough where it passes through the monolayer of nanoparticles or other material. This enables coating large substrate areas quickly with precise control over the deposition parameters.
- Powerful and intuitive software
- Ultra-sensitive surface pressure sensor for extremely precise measurements. Platinum plates, platinum rod and paper plates can be used as probe to meet all needs.
- Open design and modularity enables easy placement of trough tops into the frame for easy cleaning or exchange with different trough tops
- Langmuir and Langmuir Blodgett trough tops are made from single pieces of pure PTFE for optimized cleanliness and reliability. This unique design prevents any leakage in any part of the trough top including the dipping well. It avoids the use of potentially contaminating glues or other seals.
- Compression barriers are made from Delrin (hydrophilic), for enhanced monolayer stability. PTFE (hydrophobic) compression barriers available upon request.
- Thin frame design allowing combination of optical characterization techniques such as PM-IRRAS (infrared spectroscopy), Brewster Angle Microscopy and fluorescence microscopy etc.
- Symmetric barrier compression as a standard for homogenous packing.
- Centered dipping well allowing uniform monolayer LB deposition.
- Sub-phase temperature control facilitated by aluminum heat/cool base plate operated by external circulating water bath (the water bath is sold separately).
- Adjustable legs enable fast and accurate leveling of the trough. The legs can be removed easily to place the trough on a microscope.
- Wide range of accessories (horizontal dipping clamps, surface potential meter, pH probe, etc.)
Investigations of molecule monolayers on the liquid-air interface as well as any molecular interactions, like:
- biomembranes and biomolecular interactions such as cell membrane models
- conformational changes and reactions, drug delivery
- Functional and novel coatings of nanoparticles, nanotubes, nanowires, graphene
- interfacial reactions such as polymerization, immunological and enzymatic reactions, biosensors, adsorption and desorption
- surfactants and colloids research including molecule structure and orientation characterization, formulation, emulsion, colloid and foam stability