WITec Alpha300 Raman Confocal Microscope with ParticleScout – Particle Analysis and Identificationfrom WITec
The industry’s leading 3D Raman imaging system now features ParticleScout, one of the most advanced tools for particle analysis ever developed.
ParticleScout can survey, classify, analyze, quantify, and identify particles over even large sample areas. It enables measurements that proceed from a sample overview, to targeted investigations of particles in groups defined by the user, through a precise chemical characterization of individual particles.
The results of the measurement are then presented in a report that provides a comprehensive description of the sample. ParticleScout leverages the speed, sensitivity, and resolution of WITec’s Raman imaging microscopes to ensure quick and seamless particle analysis.
ParticleScout - Find, Classify, and Identify Microparticles
ParticleScout features the most flexible and powerful sample survey capabilities available.
- White-light Microscopy with Inherent Confocality: Bright field/dark Field, transmission/reflection.
- Selectable Objectives: Sample survey and Raman measurements can take advantage of various objective types and magnifications e. g. for an initial overview and subsequent high-resolution Raman analysis.
- Image Stitching: Scans of many sample areas can be combined into one measurement for a large-area overview of widely distributed particles.
- Focus Stacking: This unique capability dramatically increases the depth of focus for sharp and defined particle imaging.
Enhanced sample survey and particle visualization capabilities: Bright Field/Dark Field, Image Stitching & Focus Stacking.
Advanced categorization tools facilitate the selection of relevant particles.
User-defined classification of particles by shape and size offers access to wide-ranging properties.
- Categorization can be carried out according to: Area, Perimeter, Bounding Box, Max. Feret Diameter, Min. Feret Diameter, Aspect Ratio, Equivalent Diameter, and many others.
- Application of Boolean filters for precise grouping.
- Automated mask creation for subsequent Raman analysis.
Wide-ranging particle properties can be selected through filters for subsequent Raman analysis.
Particle identification is quick and straightforward when your Raman microscope is equipped with ParticleScout.
ParticleScout makes full use of Raman imaging’s advantages in fast, label-free, and nondestructive chemical characterization.
- Automated Raman spectral acquisition at each selected particle
- Fast autofocus procedure using Raman signal
- Post-processing with seamlessly integrated TrueMatch database management software
- Assignment of components based on database information.
- Use of extracted information in WITec Control for detailed follow-up measurements.
Comprehensive report algorithms make ParticleScout the perfect tool for finding correlations between the physical and chemical attributes of particles.
User-selectable combinations of filters can highlight relevant groups of particles to show their quantities and prevalence relative to other groups. This degree of customization in report generation enhances the effect of targeted investigations. From large-area imaging to high-resolution spectroscopy, the technology underlying ParticleScout provides thorough and detailed insight to the researcher.
Examples of Reports
ParticleScout Enhanced with New Features
The capabilities of ParticleScout have been extended by a set of new and advanced features.
- Integration time optimization – reduces measurement time and minimizes the effects of fluorescence.
- Vignetting correction – ensures uniform brightness throughout the image plane.
- Smart zoom – displays particle information dynamically depending on viewed area.
- Sample area targeting – allows the selection of multiple regions of interest for each investigation.
- Dark-field, bright-field, epifluorescence, and transmission sample illumination – provides the best option for each type of particle.
- Round sample wedge sectioning – allows the selection of an area for data acquisition, typically on a filter, that can be extrapolated to represent the whole.
- Smart separation of particles – differentiates materials in densely packed, heterogeneous samples.
- Quantitative report formatting – presents data using table, bar graph histogram and pie chart templates for ease and clarity.
ParticleScout's new integration time optimization feature: Time saving and efficient
Quantum Design GmbH
|Phone||+32 230 84324|
|Mobil:||+32 495 797175|